Jan 2, 2013

Travel Pillow

I made another travel pillow, I just love choosing the fabric combos.
This pillow is for a young nineteen year old girl who has been called to serve an 18 month church mission in Oslo, Norway. 
 The pillow comes in handy when you are on a plane, a train, a car, you get the picture :)
My son who is in Brazil, says that it is his favorite thing that he has with him!  I love to hear that, ha ha!!!
I thought of this girl and her personality and her love of Anthropologie, and thought that she might like "vintage" looking fabrics.  These are the three prints I chose.


I have been saving this vintage print for the perfect project.
The background is a cream, and it was hard to get contrasting prints to match.  These pins are my favorite!  They are extra fine by Clover.


Topstitching the ruffle isn't only functional, but it provides a nice, finished look.


What goes better with cherries, than polka dots?


I hope that whenever Nicole looks at this pillow, she will be reminded of her warm and cozy memories of her childhood, hence the vintage print. 


The cherry print ruffle reminds me of the song, "Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries", sung by Ethel Merman in 1931.

Life is just a bowl of cherries;
Don't make it serious;
Life's too mysterious;
You work, you save, you worry so.
But you can't take your dough when you go, go, go.
So keep repeating it's the berries;
The strongest oak must fall.
The sweet things in life
To you were just loaned.
So how can you lose what you've never owned?
Life is just a bowl of cherries,
So live and laugh at it all.

Life should be fun and not taken too seriously :)


I made some other travel pillows and posted about them here.

I wrote a tutorial for the travel pillow here.

If you decide to make a pillow, I would love to see photos!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment