Feb 8, 2013

Faux Makeup for Toddlers

post signatureI have a drawer full of eye shadow samples that I've received in promotions.  I never like the color, so I don't use it....
I found a clever way of repurposing them.
The eye shadow on the left still has the eye shadow in their compartments.  
The eye shadows have been removed on the others.
I just took a metal nail file and wedged the metal eyeshadow holders out of their plastic case.
See how they are all empty?


I bought the prettiest colors of nail polish at the dollar store.
I just poured the nail polish into the containers.


It takes about 24 hours to dry.


These photos were taken right after I poured the nail polish into the containers.


This photo was taken when the nail polish was dry.
Do you notice how much it shrank?


I have to pour more nail polish in to fill in the gap.
I usually repeat the process three times, letting the polish dry between applications.


The process takes about four days, so don't be in a hurry.


I bought new wand applicators at Target for $2.


Now your toddler can put makeup on all day long and not make a mess :)
Hope you liked the idea!


No comments:

Post a Comment