Oct 4, 2013

Pleating and Smocking


I have a lot of projects going on right now, but one of the most important is a blessing gown, slip and bonnet for Miss Lucy Jane.
This is the bonnet with the pleating threads.
I'm sewing the ecru lace onto the white cotton organdy.

.

I love how delicate and old fashioned looking the lace and bonnet fabric are.


I pleated the bishop neckline of the gown with a swiss lace overlay.
I'm going to smock it with white ribbon.


These are the laces that I'm going to use...
The swiss lace 2nd from the left goes on the edge of the sleeve, with the lace to it's right, gathered and sewn to the bottom.
I have silk satin ribbon that will run through the eyelet holes.
The entredeux on the left goes on the bottom of the dress.  
The scalloped lace will be gathered and sewn on the hem.
The white lace on the right will be sewn to the hem of the slip.


Won't little Lucy Jane look sweet on her blessing day?
More photos to come....



post signature


3 comments:

  1. You are an extremely talented lady- what an heirloom treasure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgoodness! What a blessed talent you have. This is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete