Jun 18, 2014

DresdenI


I chose these fabrics to make my daughter a Dresden table topper.
These fabrics are mostly Heather Bailey and Amy Butler.
I know that she loves mint green :)


Have you ever made one of these dresdens?
I put the petals on the design board in the order I want them.


I sewed all the petals together and placed them on a linen background.


I stitched the petals and center circle onto the background fabric with a little zigzag stitch and some invisible thread.


I prepared the block for machine quilting.


I used my favorite thread, Aurifil.


I stitched in the ditch on the dresden petals, did a pebble stitch on the back ground, with a little swirl in the center.


The name of the mint green solid is Kona pond.  
I really like it!


I love the back too :)


These dresden blocks are a lot of fun to make!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours. Love your little table topper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you quilted the middle circle. Works with the flower look. Very pretty. I'm sure your daughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete