Jan 19, 2015

Snapshots QAL, cake


I'm making Fat Quarter Shop's Snapshots quilt.
When I saw this, I fell in love with it...and I have a difficult time resisting a quilt along, especially when other designers are involved.
I love seeing everyone's version of the same pattern.
The Fat Quarter Shop has requested that you give a $5 donation to St. Jude's hospital for each pattern that you download.
You can get more information here.
This quilt was made from "Day Sail", Bonnie and Camille's latest fabric line from Moda.
I have a good collection of Bonnie and Camille's fabrics already, so I decided to use their fabrics from other lines.


I divided my fabric into blocks, and labeled all 12 of them.
Then I put the piles into a basket and will take out one block at a time, each month.


January's block is a four layer cake, yum!
I cut out all the pieces and marked them with Alphebities.


These are the fabrics I'm using for the cake block.


Voila, here's my tasty cake!
I'm pinning all the designer's blocks on my Snapshots QAL board if  you want to follow it on Pinterest.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I am doing this quilt along, too, with my B&C stash! I look forward to seeing your progress!! Your work is always so lovely....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cynthia - love your layer cake. I'm doing the QAL too. So happy they are doing it to help St. Jude's (my favorite charity) I too am using my huge stash of Bonnie & Camille's fabrics. I love the Daysail but this year I am trying to resist buying new fabrics since I already have enough to open my own quilt shop! LOL Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete