Aug 15, 2016

Lulu quilt

post signature
I enter contests sometimes on Instagram, and this time I won!
I won bigtime!!!
I won this pattern by Gigi's Thimble which is made with a jelly roll.
As a bonus, Stephanie @stuphfromsteph gave the generous offer of machine quilting the quilt top :)
Steph even said that she would pay for the return shipping.


I had a jelly roll I was saving for a special project.
Sew Cherry, Lori Holt's first fabric line!
It's my favorite ever!!!


I got busy cut the jelly roll up and went crazy chain piecing.


I had to take a photo of the process, the fabric is so beautiful and so colorful.


I finished sewing all my blocks, 16 of them in all.


To make sure the low volumes and bright colors were evenly placed, I took a tonal photograph.
It looks good to me :)


Here are all the blocks laid out, with the borders, before I sewed them together.
I had to add a few extra pieces, but made sure that they were all designed by Lori Holt.
I don't know if you can spot them...


Yay, I finished my quilt top, I love the explosion of color.


I can hardly wait to get my quilt in the mail.
I'll show it to you when it's quilted and bound :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the win! You really were dedicated in finishing this quilt top so quickly - beautiful work! I didn't come onto the quilting scene till after this first Sew Cherry line was sold out - so looking forward to 'Sew Cherry 2' coming out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is gorgeous Cynthia.

    ReplyDelete