Jan 29, 2018

Come Together quilt

There's a quilting book I have which I just love, it's called "Modern Bee, 13 quilts to make with friends, by Lindsey Conner.
This block is called "Come Together", and I chose it for my Bees Knees, a quilting bee.


 I was making the quilt for my son in law, and needed something on the masculine side :)
I bought some beautiful Kona teal, Kona Snow White, and used some  Denyse Schmidt fat quarters that I had in my stash.  
The black print corners are Cotton and Steel.
I cut the fabric and made kits for each of my bee friends.


The blocks matched up perfectly, and I began machine quilting!
I quilted crosshatch squares, about an inch and a half apart.


I took a class on Craftsy, by Jacquie Gehring.
She told us to put painter's tape on the sandwiched quilt, to guide our first machine quilting line, from corner to corner.  
After that, I used the guide on my walking foot to follow.


Yay, I successfully quilted the whole thing!
It was a windy day when I photographed my quilt.



I backed the quilt with orange, it's my son in law's favorite color.


I really wanted to keep the quilt for myself, lol!


There are little paw prints in the shape of circles on the orange fabric.
My son in law has 5 dogs, so I thought it was perfect!


Thanks for following my blog :)

1 comment:

  1. This came together beautifully Cynthia! Such a lovely quilt, and I love how you did the quilting.

    ReplyDelete